Looking for a healthy and refreshing dessert to end your lunch? Or maybe a little palate cleanser to impress your friends before serving the main course meal? Our lemon Jubes sorbet recipe is dairy-free, vegan and it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
An intense combination of lemon, basil and wheatgrass jubes makes for a satisfyingly healthy guilt-free frozen dessert.
- Juice of 10 lemons
- 3 spoons of honey
- Zest of one lemon
- Hand full of basil, finely cut
- Juice the 10 lemons.
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan over medium heat, add the zest of your lemon to take in the flavor.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice into a loaf tin.
- Cover and refrigerate the sorbet until it is completely cool. This can take up to 2 or 3 hours.
- Once frozen, remove the loaf tin from the refrigerator and cut the hardened sorbet into smaller pieces. Place these pieces into a high speed food processor and blend until smooth. Add the basil to the blended sorbet and pulse.
- Pour the sorbet into an air-tight plastic container and allow it to refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve generously with some dark chocolate shavings or fresh basil.